Sunday, February 04, 2007

bright eyes

Some months back, the band known as bright eyes released an album called "I'm wide awake, it's morning."

The first sound you hear is that of the front man taking a sip of some sort of drink out of a cup in a sound room somewhere. Then he begins his nonchalant story. The story of course leads into a little song and then the song leads into the rest of the album.

The whole thing is really good acoustic rock, with maybe a twinge of folk/country flavor. His voice is cool skater guy in a band nasal, which works very well for giving nice definition to a couple of the songs, but it's a little too distinct to hear throughout the whole album. I wish he could have mixed up his voice a little. The lyrics are good, sometimes. A lot of other times the lyrics are just par. There's a lot of personality in the album, I like the first track, though I wonder if after a couple more months I'll start skipping the first track just to avoid the little story that he begins with and that eventually I'll remember verbatim. I sort of wonder the same thing about the album as a whole. I'm glad I have it. I'll listen to it for a while, and then probably get tired of it.

If I were you, I'd borrow the CD from a friend and then just illegally burn yourself a copy. It's probably not a good buy if you only buy music you'll want to listen to all the way through many times until you get dentures and choke on a piece of meat to your death.

I'm a cop and I have no qualms with recommending you break the law here. But I would also have no qualms about busting down your door on a raid and throwing your ass in jail for copy right infringement.

That would be awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hey I just started listening to them this weekend!

You have good taste :)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home