Sunday, January 22, 2006

deployment

I leave soon. A line
was drawn across the world to keep
even the day and the night from sharing whispers or glances
and I will fall on another side where everyone will be
deaf and blind to me.

One year and six months of my life will come up sacrificially
missing every day
I wake up afterwards.

This political america
will become dirt and city
far away.

My love will try to close its eyes.
I will wake up and feel the missing of
peace and rest deep in my bones every morning
and the desert will mean
all sorts of confusing and longing
motions and palpitations off on the horizon
and I will say it is only the heat waving

delirously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

really? or is this metaphorically?

11:18 AM  
Blogger james t nath said...

really.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home